Forthcoming calls for December 2018 and year 2019
- Purchase of Technologies and Software – business support for the improvement of the quality and efficiency of production and technological processes by increasing technological and innovation levels in enterprises. This support includes the introduction of smart innovations such as automation, robotization, digitization, big data, and so on in enterprises. Eligible costs: software, licenses, capital expenditures (technological).
- Increasing Energy Efficiency of Industrial buildings – manufacturers may apply for funding for measures emerged from an energy audit e.g. the reconstruction and modernization of industrial buildings. Reconstruction and upgrade of existing energy systems to increase energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Construction, modernization and upgrade of power and energy distribution and other measures that contribute to reducing the consumption of primary energy sources.
- Research Call – for Strategic Industrial Research and Development Centers to increase private investment in research throughout cooperation between research institutions and the business community. Grants will cover capital expenditure (technological) depreciations, researchers‘ salaries, services, software, licenses, consumables, etc.
- Reuse and Scrap recovery (of waste) – construction or reconstruction of facilities for preparation of reuse and recovery of waste. Purchase of related technologies and movable assets.
- New Employment Support – new employees salary cost dedicated to look for candidates and tutors as well as to cover the cost of newly created jobs for unemployed job seekers.
- Professional Lifelong Learning – further educational programs to develop adult competences in line with labour market needs and requirements, partnerships with employers and particular industry associations.
- Cultural and Creative Industry – purpose of this is to gain a financial contribution to purchase tangible and intangible assets necessary for production and innovation. Expenditures on reconstruction, adjustment and renovation of buildings in connection with the purchase of new technologies and equipment. To support marketing activities and create new jobs.
Currently Open Calls
- Call for grant application for New Employment Support OPĽZDOP 2018/3.1.1/01.
The grant can be used to cover the cost of salaries for employees dedicated to look for candidates and tutors as well as to cover the cost of newly created jobs for unemployed job seekers.
- Call for grant application for Energy Efficiency of Industrial buildings OPKZP-PO4-SC4212017-30 for small and medium-sized enterprises (SME).
The grant can be used to fund energy audits as well as the measures identified in the audits themselves. Companies can ask for funding for the measures that emerged from the audit. These include e.g. the rebuild and/or modernization of industrial buildings, the reconstruction and/or modernization of existing energy systems in order to increase energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Construction, modernization and reconstruction of power and energy distribution and other measures that contribute to reducing the consumption of primary energy sources. Other measures that contribute to reducing the consumption of primary energy sources.
- Call for grant application for Reuse and Scrap recovery (of waste) OPKZP-PO1-SC111-2016-16
The grant can be used to fund e.g. construction or reconstruction of facilities for preparation to reuse and recovery of waste, purchase of technologies and movable assets or the construction or reconstruction of existing non-hazardous waste recycling facilities.
- Call for grant application for reuse and recovery of hazardous waste OPKZP-PO1-SC1112016-15.
The grant can be used to fund construction or reconstruction of existing facilities for the recycling of hazardous waste and the purchase of technologies.
Other options for project financing above ESIF
- Horizon 2020 – research and innovation projects, coordination and support projects, state-ofthe-art research grants, small and medium-sized enterprises instrument, internships and career development. Fast Track to Innovation to fund projects near the market.
- Investment Aid – for the purposes of investment aid, there are following eligible costs: purchase of land and buildings, rental of land and buildings, purchase of new technological and machinery equipment, purchase of intangible assets – patents, licenses, know-how, or the salary costs of newly created jobs over the period of 2 years.
- Investment stimuli for research by the Ministry of Education – the aim is to offer entrepreneurs incentives for research and development (which consist of granting a subsidy from the state budget and income tax relief) without a prior call. Increase personnel capacities in R&D, increase the volume of private funds in R&D.
The stimuli consist of a subsidy from the state budget to support basic research or applied research or experimental development, or to prepare a project feasibility study or to ensure the protection of IPR or temporary assignment of a highly qualified R&D employee and income tax relief under a special regulation.
- Super deduction of research and development costs is a new effective R&D support for Slovak enterprises from all sectors and regions of Slovakia. Companies have the ability to deduct 100% of the cost of research and development once again from the tax base and become more competitive on the foreign market. This tool is intended primarily for innovative enterprises carrying out their own research, development and innovation in the Slovak Republic. Eligible R&D expenditures that can be applied to the deduction: gross salary, material (consumables, depreciation of assets, overheads, travel allowances, services from SAS and public universities and entities established by the state, companies with a certificate to perform R&D, expenses for certification of R&D results.
- Norwegian Financial Mechanism – supported areas:
- Cultural Entrepreneurship, Cultural Heritage and Cultural Cooperation – a program aimed at the restoration and revitalization of cultural heritage, the re-use or further use of cultural sites and the support of its entrepreneurial potential.
- Business Development, Innovation and SMEs – a program aimed at supporting innovative technologies, products, services and processes, greening of existing businesses and processes, welfare technology and ambient assisted living.